Toyota of Rockwall has received the Lakeside Living Magazine's Reader's Choice Award every year that Automobile Dealerships has been a category! Also,the Rockwall Chamber of Commerce named Toyota of Rockwall with the 2015 Best Practices in Community Involvement Award. The Rockwall area community appreciates our commitment the community - supporting the efforts of area school districts and many other local non-profit organizations and churches.
Just a few highlights are:
Rockwall Independent School District
- Teacher of the Year- Toyota of Rockwall provides the six teachers named Teachers of the Year for Rockwall ISD, Royse City ISD,and Forney ISD with a wrapped Toyota to drive for six months. The teachers also receive free gasoline, maintenance, and car washes while they drive their vehicles.
- Toyota Matching Grant - In 2013, Toyota of Rockwall gave $5,000 in grants to provide classroom supplies and allow teachers to attend seminars,workshops, and conferences.
- School Mentor Programs -Toyota of Rockwall employees are encouraged to join the mentorship programs of the local school district.
- Field Trips - Toyota of Rockwall hosts school field trips so students can experience how a "green" organization runs, works to reduce waste,and uses recycled materials. The dealership is proud to be the first LEED GOLD Certified Automobile Dealership in the world as awarded by the US Green Building Council.
Toyota of Rockwall/Toyota Corporation Matching Grant Program
In 2015, Toyota of Rockwall reached our goal of $100,000 in community giving through a partnership with Toyota Motor Sales. Each year, this partnership provides $5,000 each to four local organizations.The 2015 recipients were:
- Rockwall ISD - $5,000 was awarded to schools for Innovative Teaching Grants. Teachers who complete the application process were eligible to be among those selected to receive funds for classroom instruction.
- Lone Star CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) -This organization identifies and trains special advocates for children in Rockwall and Kaufman County court cases. CASA volunteers commit to serving a child until the case is closed and the child is in a safe, permanent home.
- One Man's Treasure -This faith based ministry provides clothing to men being released from prison, clothing that can give them a head start on the long road to self-sufficiency. The goal is to increase the chance for a changed life for each client and to help reduce recidivism (return to prison) and create safer communities.
- Rockwall County Meals on Wheels - The mission is to keep the elderly and disabled citizens of Rockwall County living in their homes as long as safely possible through supportive services,nutritious meals and daily human contact.
TRANSPORTATION FOR MEALS ON WHEELS CLIENTS
Toyota of Rockwall employees volunteer to transport Seniors to their doctor appointments when transportation is not available. Our employees that volunteer have developed special friendships with these men and women.
THANKS GIVING DINNER GIVE-AWAY
Toyota of Rockwall initiated a request to all Facebook friends to nominate a family who might be in need of a Thanksgiving Dinner. Two families were identified and we provided a home-cooked meal to their doors.
SHARE THE GOOD NEWS $5,000 SCHOOL GIVE-AWAY
Toyota of Rockwall had a friendly Facebook competition between the three school districts we support with our Teacher of the Year program. We asked fans of each District to share good news about the great things that were happening in their schools. Royse City ISD Education Foundation, Inc. won $5,000 for gaining the most shares on Facebook.
A serving heart runs throughout the Toyota of Rockwall family."I absolutely believe in the power of tithing and giving back. My own experience about all the blessings I've had in my life is that the more I give away, the more that comes back. That is the way life works, and that is the way energy works."
-Kenneth H. Blanchard